I've spent a bunch of hours figuring out the maze of tax forms I need to report the so-called "nanny tax" as a household employer in NY State. In case this is useful to someone else, I thought I'd post that information here:

  1. one-time: get a federal EIN by filing an SS-4
  2. quarterly: pay estimated taxes
  3. file W-2 and W-3 yearly
  4. Form 1040: file Schedule H

NY State:
  1. one-time: register as a new employer
  2. register a new hire within 20 days of employment
  3. quarterly: file NYS-45
  4. Upon termination of employment, give employee a NYS IA 12.3

No comments: